Monday, January 19, 2015

New Year, New Me

  When Shane and I were talking about our New Year's resolutions we both agreed that ours was survival.  It was surviving anything and everything that Rochelle could possibly go through and coming out strong.  After losing her, it felt like my whole outlook for this new year was gone.  It is still a weird feeling knowing that our small tiny house barely had any room for anything extra when Rochelle was alive, and now it seems like we have so much space, everywhere. I know God is helping us heal through all that is going on, and I know this year is going to be different for all of us. I think having new goals and a new outlook will be good for us. I have come up with a few new years resolutions that I think would be good.

 1) I want to take at least 30 minutes a day to myself.  Whether it means going for a walk, reading a book, or taking a nice uninterrupted shower, that is what I will try to accomplish every day.  I find that when I have time to myself and just regroup it benefits everyone.

2) To read at least 5 book this year.  I used to LOVE this hobby before kids, and I have not made the time for me to do it and I definitely want to pick up a good hobby once again.  I am currently reading Our Children Live On by Elissa Al-Chokachy and I love it so far.  Any book recommendations would be great as well! I love healing and positive books, romance novels, suspense, and all of the above.  :)

3) Incorporate exercise back into my life.  I am hoping to try a spin class tomorrow for the first time in a few years and I am more then excited to do that, even though I might pass out with how out of shape I am. HA! But I am definitely going to make a conscious decision to hopefully join the gym in my home town once again and feel good again.  It is such a good stress reliever!

4)  Go on at least one date night a month.  It is so important that Shane and I keep our foundation strong and stay strong for Brielle.  It is nice to just have alone, uninterrupted time to just be with each other.

5) Spend more quality time with friends and family.  It is so important to value the ones that you love by spending time with them, so we definitely want to try to make a conscious effort to visit our loved ones more this year.

6) Volunteer more.  With all the help from strangers that God places in our path to help care for Rochelle,  I definitely want to give back more this year than ever.

I hope to accomplish all of these when I look back in December, and hope to be a better wife, mom, and overall just a better me.

No comments:

Post a Comment