Saturday, May 10, 2014

Happy Mother's Day

  Mother's Day this year means so much more to me then ever.  I truly feel like becoming a mom changed my entire outlook on life and I couldn't imagine a better life. Motherhood is something I don't take for granted for one minute.  I thank God each and every day for allowing us to become parents again after we lost our son Lamar and I truly appreciate everything He has given us and allowed us the strength and comfort to become such a close and loving family.
  From the moment we found out I was pregnant (9-15-12) right smack in the middle of my last semester of nursing school we knew that it was going to take every prayer and strength to get through the end of nursing school while trying to stay as calm as possible and not stress(ya right!); but once school was done, I truly got to enjoy everything.  I remember her first kick, movement (flutters), feelings that were so overwhelming with joy with how much our life was going to change by such a little human being gave me so much comfort in knowing I was growing another baby inside of me.  Pregnancy is amazing!!
  Finding out the gender, just made things that much sweeter.  If anyone knew, I was thought it was a girl just from the beginning with the way I was feeling and what I was craving and how I was carrying her; I just knew in my heart it was a girl. The gender reveal party was one of the best days of days of my life and I loved every minute of it.
  I just want everyone to know that yes motherhood is one of the hardest things you will do in your life, it is also the most rewarding with SO many new and great things that happen with your child, everyday.  From the time he/she first learns to hold their head up, to sitting up on their own, to crawling, standing and walking and everything beyond--each and every new discovery is amazing and I wish I could give all the moms out there a pat on the back, we are amazing!!
 Thank you to my mother, who is the most amazing person I have ever met/my best friend.  I love you so much and I thank you for having my back for every choice I have ever made, and always comforting me and being my biggest supporter in life. Thank you for showing me what it's like to be such an amazing mom, I only hope one day me and Brielle will have the relationship we do! :)

With that said, HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY to all those beautiful and amazing moms out there! :)
YAY!
The moment we found out it's a girl!


Daddy's little girl

We should have known.. ;)

Me and my mini-me!

When we chose her name! :)


My mother, the greatest woman I know!

No comments:

Post a Comment